Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vintage fun

http://alamedapointantiquesfaire.com/blog/


Saturday night, Paul & I both worked late.  By late I mean he worked until 11 & I worked until 1AM.  When I got home at 2, I reminded him that the Alameda Point Antiques Fair was tomorrow (well, today) and asked if he wanted to go.  "Yes, let's do it" he said.  Now, mind you it is 2 AM and we learned the hard way that if you want to get the best cool stuff you have to be at the faire when it opens ... 6 AM.

The first time we went, I was 40 weeks pregnant with Audrey.  We got there at 7:00, thinking that one hour would not make a difference.  That was until we saw the 6 Louis XVI chair frames for $250 that had just sold 15 minutes before.

So, up we were at 5 AM, coffee in hand off to Alameda.  It is so peacefull that time of the morning.  I love just being with Paul, strolling the isles looking at treasures (and junk) that could soon possibly become a part of our home.

These theatre chairs caught our eye.  The thing I love about this market is you just never know what you are going to find!  I mean really, we didn't go saying gosh, I hope we find old theatre chairs ... but here they are in our entry way!
Another fun find was this old school desk.  At $20 how could we say no??  Vivienne put it to use within 10 minutes of it coming in the house.  I would love to read comments from anyone else who has found treasures!!  Please share!!

2 comments:

  1. I am seller(and was a buyer before) and I sold at this past Sunday. Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new treasures! Can't wait to come try them out :)

    ReplyDelete