Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We are family!

Over the weekend (for 4 days actually), we had my brother and his family as house guests.  He has two little boys, ages 5 and 8.  Wonderful boys.  They live in Los Angeles.  Unfortunately, we don't get to see each other but 2 - 4  times a year.

One would think that the kids would have to take a little time to get to know each other since they are so young.  Not so.  Our kids are in love with one another.  They play well, hug, laugh and only argue a little.  We had a day at Muir Woods.  A fun adventure and a must see for anyone in the San Francisco area!


My favorite part, however was bedtime.  Their oldest is a great reader & read the bedtime stories.  It was so adorable.

Fortunately, the next visit is just two weeks away.  Hopefully, I can put my house back together by then.  I don't know about you, but having house guests is a perfect excuse not to do laundry and other deep cleaning ... I'm too busy visiting!!   What about your extended families?  Is there a bond there that you see with cousins that you don't see with friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment