Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DIY paper banner

We celebrated Audrey's first birthday this weekend.  I love having parties!  I wish I had a staff of 10 to help me do all of the ideas that are floating around in my head.  I wanted to do banner type decoration, but was trying to cut my budget so three rolls of crepe paper were out as well as any store bought sign.  I also wanted to use up things that I had stashed away in my craft closet.

About a month ago I attended a baby shower and saw a paper garland made from circles.  The hostess had used a jumbo hole punch and sewn the circles together.  It looked so cute and fun.


I didn't have the circle hole punch but I had a large 12x12 packet of scrapbook paper (from Joann's, with the coupon about $10.).  I also wanted something larger, since we had a lot of space to cover.  I cut about 100 of the 250 pieces in half.  I then folded them over so the banner would be printed on both sides.  I sewed across the top about 1" down with my sewing machine.  It took about an hour & I ended up with over 50 feet of paper banner!  Very easy & looked great.  You could take it a step further & buy themed paper for you baby shower or wedding ...

No comments:

Post a Comment