Wednesday, August 24, 2011

When you're not watching ....

Some nights bed time for the girls is easy.  Other nights, it drags on & on.  I am usually flying solo, as my husband works at night (well, all day & into the night).  Getting three girls settled down & asleep is another story.

I try to follow a routine.  I do pretty well actually.  Bath (most nights), teeth, stories & songs.  Then in bed.  I have the two youngest still in cribs in one room & Vivienne falls asleep in my bed, then I move her to her bed.  We start about 7 or 7:30, and end about 8 or 8:30.

Audrey is the easiest, heck, she can't climb out of bed yet.  Coco is pretty good.  She has a habit of getting out of bed & running into get in bed with Vivienne which can make Audrey scream as then she is alone.  This happens about twice a week.  She'll get out of bed, then they (Vivienne & Coco) play and I put Coco back in bed, she gets back out  ... until she (Coco) gets too tired to get out of bed again.  Then there is Vivienne.  She likes to drag bedtime out.  I think this is a sign that her nap time should be eliminated, but I don't want to give it up!!  (You moms that have kids who nap at the same time know what I mean!!)

Last night, was a "challenging" night with Vivienne.  After 9 pm I refused to go up to see her & ignored her calling "mom, mom, MAAAHHHHMMMAAAA, mom, mom, mom.  Finally about 10 it stopped.

Little did I know what was going on between 9 & 10PM .... this is what I found in the morning:
Yes, that is ball point pen all over.  I didn't make a big deal out of it.  I just told her that we don't put pen on our skin and secretly thanked God that it was only on her skin!

What would you have done?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lord! Probably the same....AFTER making sure all pens were removed from the room. I have dodged this bullet so far. I hear you on the napping. I have 12 kids (including 2-3 infants) on such a schedule, they ALL sleep at the same time (2:30ish to 4:30 ish) 5 days a week. I think E could skip naps if she HAD to but since we are night owls, she becomes sort of unbearable if she hasn't had one. Hell, I still take naps when I can so I am not ready to ditch them for her yet. She goes down by 10 or 10:30 but I DO allow as many books as she wants in her bed. I often fall asleep to the sounds of her reading to herself. I want her to be a reader so I will never complain about her staying up to read. I love that you have such a relaxed reaction to your little one's antics. No wonder they are turning out to be such fabulous people! LOL!
    Michelle Dibb

    ReplyDelete