Monday, August 22, 2011

Coco the cat ...

I realize it has been a while since I wrote about one of my kids' antics.   You know, one of those things that you really don't want your kid to do, but it is quite funny so you have to hold back the laughter as you reprimand them ... one of those things.

Coco & Vivienne went into the garage from the house.   They'll follow the cat in there & feed him.  The other day, they were taking a little too long.  I opened the door & saw Coco kneeling down with her face on the floor .... eating CAT FOOD!!!   (I wish I had had my camera with me and almost staged it again so I could get a picture, but figured that would only encourage it more.)

Coco, so sweet & innocent.
Our conversation went like this:
me: "COCO!"  I said, "DON'T EAT CAT FOOD!"
Coco: "Mommy, I cat.  Meow Meow."
me (trying desperately not to laugh let alone crack a smile) "Coco, I don't want you eating the cat's food."
Coco pleading: "But Mommy! I HUNGRY!"
me (really trying not to laugh) "Coco, you don't eat the cats food."
Vivienne now replies in her "motherly tone", "But mom, she really likes it."

OK .... full disclosure here.  I was reminded by a very good childhood friend that at around age 7, We did in fact try dog food.  I guess Coco comes by it honestly.

1 comment: