Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fashionistas, watch out!

Something happened today.  I don't know where it will lead ... but it can't be good.  I found an online retailer who specializes in French children's clothes, that will ship to the US for $15.

For those of you who don't know, my husband is French.  He has been in the US for about 12 years now.  Before we had children I had no idea of how different the clothing choices for children were, US vs France.  Now, four years later, I wonder why we haven't mainstreamed French clothing into the US markets?  Let's just say ... it is adorable, stylish and colorful.  I have come across a few shops in SF that sell French clothes.  They are quite pricey!!  Even on sale, way out of my budget.  If you don't have that challenge and are in San Francisco, I would suggest a trip to Jeat et Marie on Lombard Street, between Gough and Octavia.  If you are not in San Francisco, or other area that has a small boutique selling brands like Sucre d'orge  & Petit Bateau, finding them online is a challenge.  I have found a few retailers, but the shop sites are rather "iffy" looking to me.  I don't know what it is, I just have a wierd feeling about the ones I've seen.
Inside Jean et Marie 

Vivienne has always had a jacket from France.  It has just happened that we go in the fall, and end up getting one there.  Her last one was a gift from a friend.


I got a lot of compliments on each of her jackets.  It is true, I really don't see anything like them here.  I have looked.  Aside from sweatshirts, or parkas there is nothing out there I really like.  I really wanted to get her a coat from France for next year, but we aren't going and I feel bad having family "find" one and ship it over.

Today I googled again, just because.  I came across www.bibaloo.com  It is a online retailer, based in the UK for French designed children's clothes.  Shipping to the US is only about $15.  You can have the prices listed in pounds, euro, or dollar.   Right now they are having a huge sale, and there is no sales tax, so the price you see is the price you pay (plus shipping).   They are still in the higher end range ... no Children's Place $4 skorts here, but if you are looking for somthing else, check them out!   Vivienne's new jacket should be arriving in about 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment